6.12.2006

lesley ann warren = sweet milf

is me + you + everyone we know the worst movie ever made? quite possibly. well, i have yet to see marie antoinette, so the jury is still out on just what the worst piece of shit film ever made is, but i'd still say me + you is pretty close, if not the reigning champ. funny ha ha is up there as well. there's just something about mild-mannered middle-class post-collegiate types that makes me wanna go all klaus kinski and erupt into a volcanic, heaving rage. i wish my problems boiled down to being bored about my plethora of choices in life.

i watched alan rudolph's choose me on saturday night w/ the parents. i'm not sure what i think of it. it was an old favorite of johnny's back in the day when he was a z channel devotee. i have to say, he actually has some semblance of good taste when it comes to films. perchance i can get in there + introduce him to some jarmusch or herzog or dare i say it? cassavetes. i know he liked xan cassavetes' z channel documentary, but that's because he was such a fan of the channel. perhaps i will ease him into things w/ tom noonan's the wife. he likes wallace shawn, so that might be an easy angle to work. he told me he watched eraserhead on z. oh snap, and he named my brother after alex delarge-- aint that somethin'? i have no cool name story like that. anyway, choose me is highly stylized, yet i felt it was more honest than a movie like funny ha ha, which seems like a press release take on human nature, written + directed by someone terrified of offending anyone.